Sunday, December 27, 2015

Bywayman and Race Truck

Bywayman & Race Truck

I love Chevy trucks and the square body trucks ('73-'87) are some of my favorites. It's not an officially licensed model, but the Bywayman and its near identical twin the Power Plower were the best we had in the Hot Wheels lineup for decades. These two trucks were just hanging around my desk, so I figured I'd take some pics of them. 

Bywayman - 1999 Collector #081

This is one I only recently acquired. I was on vacation with my family in Indiana at the beginning of September. We were staying at an RV park and our neighbor across the road was a local who lived in the park. He found out I was into Hot Wheels and said he had a bunch he picked up at an auction he'd sell me, but he'd have to dig them out of his storage building. I agreed to a deal, sight unseen. My wife and I had to leave to come home before he got them out, but my parents stayed behind and got the cars for me. When my parents finally got back home, I was a little disappointed that nearly all of the cards were trashed on the collection, even though there were some cars I was interested in, so I ended up opening nearly all of them.

This Bywayman was one of my favorites of the collection. It's one I didn't already have in my collection and had only seen in pictures. I ended up with two of them from this haul. It's a good looking truck in the metallic green with the Oak Bros. graphics. The unpainted metal base gives it some real weight too.





Race Truck - 1995 Racing Metals Series #1/4

It carries the Race Truck name for this release, but there is no doubt that this is the Bywayman. After all these years, it's probably my favorite release of this casting. I have a few of these that I bought off the pegs back in 1995, but this particular copy is from a collection I inherited from a relative a few years ago. I love the black chrome finish on the body with the Chevrolet racing graphics. It's finished off with smoked windows and a black painted metal base. What a great looking truck!





No comments:

Post a Comment