Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hawkman - 2015 Hot Wheels DC Comics

Aside from the Star Wars character cars that the Star Wars fan inside me won't allow me to pass up, I've tried to avoid getting into the character cars. I have actually picked a few up over the last couple weeks, though, that have grabbed my attention. This has to be one of the coolest character cars they've done.

This car starts off cool enough, looking a bit like a '60s dragster with the pizza cutter tires up front and the driver sitting over the rear axle. Having the redline tires just adds another retro-cool touch. You almost want to fault the car for having a plastic body, until you find out what the plastic is all about. Pop open the body and Hawkman spreads his wings, revealing the Hawkman symbol beneath and the hidden mace and battle axe.

I had seen this car posted on a Facebook group several months ago and had been keeping my eyes peeled for it. I finally found it at Toys 'R Us last week. If I hadn't seen it posted before, I probably would have just passed on the car, but learning of it's awesome little trick, made me want it.




Here's the awesome trick...



Showing off the battle axe and mace hidden up front...


No comments:

Post a Comment